90 Day Notice Saver
12 months fixed
How to open a Term Deposit
- Choose your deposit amount (min. $1,000), term and rate.
- Fill out your details and answer some tax questions.
- Let us know how you would like your interest to be paid.
- Someone from our team will be in touch.
Savings Bank Award 2018 - 2022
We are very proud to be awarded Canstar's Bank of the Year – Savings for the fifth consecutive year! This achievement is awarded to the institution that provides the strongest combination of products, accounting for the price positioning, features, savings tools and flexibility of the products assessed within Canstar’s Savings Account Star Ratings profiles, as well as supporting savers through a competitive Term Deposit offering.
- What happens if I need the funds part way through the term?
- A term deposit is a fixed term investment. However, Heartland understands that people’s circumstances do change. Heartland may accept written requests for early repayment in certain circumstances such as the death of an investor or unforeseen financial hardship (but is not required to do so). If Heartland does agree to an early repayment, the interest rate payable in respect of your term deposit may be reduced. You are able to request an early full or partial break by contacting our Retail Investments team on 0800 85 20 20 or [email protected].
- Can I have my interest paid monthly?
- For terms of 12 months or longer with a minimum deposit of $50,000, interest can be paid out monthly to a New Zealand bank account of your choice.
- What happens when the term comes to an end?
- Prior to the maturity date of your Heartland Term Deposit, Heartland will give you notice to tell you that your investment is about to mature. This maturity notice will give you the option to reinvest the full balance, reinvest part of the balance or pay the matured funds into another bank account.
- Can I have my interest at maturity?
- Can I have the interest paid to an account at another bank?
- Yes, you can have interest paid to any New Zealand bank account of your choice.
- Can I open a term deposit if I don't bank with Heartland?
- Yes, you can open a term deposit account without any other Heartland account.
- What's the minimum to invest?
- Will I get a letter when my deposit and interest are due?
- Yes, we will send a maturity notice prior to your Term Deposit maturing.
Looking for something else?
Heartland has a number of products that could help you manage your money and save for your goals.
No minimum investment, fees or costs.
Optional overdraft. Variable rate.
No monthly fees. Variable rate.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We have a great team standing by to answer any of your investment questions.Contact us