Lock in NZ’s lowest 2- and 3-year fixed rates
Save for longer with Heartland’s market-leading 2-year fixed and 3-year fixed rates.
Our mortgage rates
Choose the loan type that’s right for you, whether fixed, floating, revolving credit or a combination of all three.
1 year fixed
2 year fixed
3 year fixed
Revolving credit (floating)
Interest rates accurate as at 30/11/21
Try our calculators to see how a Heartland Home Loan could help you
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to apply, you'll need to meet the following criteria.
- a NZ citizen or permanent resident, over 18 years old
- looking for a home and have a 20% deposit, or already owning a home and have at least 20% equity
- planning to live or currently living in the property
- able to meet the repayments over the requested loan term from your salary or wages
- a standalone, single section house that is freehold, cross lease or on a unit title
- located in an urban centre
- owned or purchased either joint or individually (not in a trust or company)
- already built.
The home must not be:
- a monolithic or plaster clad property consented before 1 January 2006.
Calculate your repayments
Have a play with the calculator below to see what your repayments could look like.
- Why choose Heartland Home Loans?
Applying for a home loan isn’t always straightforward. That’s why we designed Heartland Home Loans with a simple, online application. With great rates and flexible repayment frequencies, we’re here to help you get your dream home sorted, so you can get back to what really matters to you. Welcome to doing things differently.
Heartland Bank is 100% New Zealand owned and operated, with a whakapapa that stretches back to 1875. Get to know Heartland Bank a little better.
- Why do you have specific eligibility requirements?
- Our eligibility requirements allow us to provide an online application, so you can apply when and where you choose and receive an initial decision online. It's also part of why we're able to offer such low interest rates. If you don't currently meet our criteria, you can always come back to us in the future, as we may adjust these.
- *How does the floating rate credit work?
We're offering a $750 credit for new home loan customers who refinance more than $100,000 with Heartland at our floating interest rate (not including a revolving credit home loan) for 12 months or more. If you borrow more than $500,000 you could be eligible for up to $1,500. At the time of drawdown, we'll transfer the credit into your YouChoose account (which we'll take you through setting up). If you refinance your loan to another lender or move your loan to a fixed interest rate with us before 12 months is up, you'll need to repay the full amount of this credit to us.
- Why is the application process online?
- With an online application, you can save time by applying when and where you choose. There’s no need to spend time arranging appointments with mortgage managers or to go into a bank branch.
- What type of home loans does Heartland offer?
- Heartland currently offers term home loans (or table loans) with floating or fixed interest rates, as well as the option of a revolving credit for extra flexibility. Learn more about Heartland’s Revolving Credit Home Loan.
- I’m an existing home loan customer. Does this apply to me?
- No, you will not automatically be moved across to a Heartland Home Loan. However, anyone who meets our eligibility requirements is welcome to apply, including our customers with an existing home loan. Find out more about home loans drawn down prior to 2020.