Why pay so much for your floating rate?
At 2.50% p.a., Heartland’s floating rate is market-leading among banks - and it includes a $750 credit if you’re refinancing and stay floating for 12 months.
Choose the loan type that’s right for you, fixed, floating or a combination of both. Please note, Heartland currently only offers term home loans, not revolving credit home loans.
1 year fixed
2 year fixed
3 year fixed
Interest rates accurate as at 09/11/20
Are you eligible?
We have limited availability for Heartland Home Loans. To be eligible to apply,
you’ll need to meet the following criteria.
- a NZ citizen or permanent resident, over 18 years old
- looking for a home and have a 20% deposit, or already owning a home and have at least 20% equity
- planning to live or currently living in the property
- able to meet the repayments over the requested loan term from your salary or wages
- able to have your income paid into a YouChoose account. We can help you open one during the application process.
- a standalone, single section house that is freehold, cross lease or on a unit title
- owned or purchased either joint or individually (not in a trust or company)
- located in a major centre.
The home must not be:
- a monolithic or plaster clad property consented before 1 January 2006.
Heartland’s lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply.
Calculate your repayments
We have limited availability for Heartland Home Loans and they’re likely to go fast.
Have a play with the calculator below to see what your repayments could look like.
- Why choose Heartland Home Loans?
- Applying for a home loan isn’t always straight forward. That’s why we designed Heartland Home Loans with a simple, online application. With great rates and flexible repayment frequencies, we’re here to help you get your dream home sorted, so you can get back to what really matters to you. Welcome to doing things differently. Get to know Heartland Bank a little better.
- Why do you have specific eligibility requirements?
- We have a limited availability of Heartland Home Loans at this time. We have therefore put in place certain criteria that all applicants must meet. If you don’t meet these, you can always come back to us in the future as we may adjust these.
- *How does a $750 floating rate credit work?
We’re offering a $750 credit for new home loan customers who choose to move their home loan to Heartland and take out a loan at our floating interest rate for 12 months or more. At the time of drawdown, we’ll credit $750 into your YouChoose account (which we’ll take you through setting up) – if you refinance your loan to another lender or move your loan to a fixed interest rate with us before 12 months is up, you’ll need to repay a portion of this credit to us based on the number of months your loan has been at our floating interest rate.
The $750 credit is not valid for fixed rate home loans. If you choose a combination of fixed and floating rates on your loan, you’ll need to have at least $100,000 of your loan at a floating rate to receive the $750 credit.
- Why is the application process online?
- With an online application, you can save time by applying when and where you choose. There’s no need to spend time arranging appointments with mortgage managers or to go into a bank branch.
- What type of home loans does Heartland offer?
- Heartland currently offers term home loans (or table loans) with floating or fixed interest rates. At this stage we do not offer a revolving credit facility for Heartland Home Loans.
- I’m an existing home loan customer. Does this apply to me?
- No, you will not automatically be moved across to a Heartland Home Loan. However, anyone who meets our eligibility requirements is welcome to apply, including our customers with an existing home loan. To find out more about home loans that were drawn down prior to 2020, please click here.