Savings and Deposits
Savings to suit you
Want great returns on your hard-earned savings? Choose the right savings and investment product for your needs, and we'll help you make the most of your money.
Market-leading rate for a ‘no strings attached’ savings account.
- Simple savings account with no strings attached
- No fees, no withdrawal penalty, no minimum balance
- Withdrawals to any NZ bank account
Earn competitive interest on every dollar while still making transactions.
- EFTPOS card included, and overdraft available
- No fees
- No minimum balance or limit on transactions
An account that works as hard as you do. Funds on call and interest on every dollar.
- No fees, no minimum balance
- Unlimited withdrawals to one nominated account
- Complements transactional bank account
Competitive rates and flexible investment terms to suit your needs.
3 year term1.35% p.a.
- Terms between 30 days and five years
- No fees
- Watch your deposit grow in the Heartland Mobile App
Make investments in a tax-efficient way with Heartland’s PIE funds.
3 year term1.35% p.a.
- Choose between fixed or variable rates
- Invest for between six to 60 months
- Tax on returns capped at 28%
- Can I open an account online?
- Yes – you can open a Direct Call Account or a YouChoose account online or in the Heartland Mobile App. You can also enquire into a Term Deposit or a Business Call Account online, and a consultant from our Retail team will contact you to finalise the details for your new account.
- Is my deposit Government guaranteed?
- No, the New Zealand Government does not guarantee deposits made by customers with any of the banks in New Zealand.
- What is Heartland Bank’s credit rating?
- Heartland’s most recent credit rating (May 2020) is BBB (Outlook Stable) from Fitch Ratings. A rating of BBB from Fitch Ratings is ‘investment grade’. You can read more about our rating here.
- For a Heartland Saver account is interest paid even if you withdraw before the end of the month?
- Yes, Interest is calculated daily and paid out at the end of each month. This means you get interest for everyday the funds are in the account during that month.
- Is Heartland a finance company?
- No, Heartland Bank became a registered bank in December 2012. We were the first New Zealand registered bank to be listed on the NZX Main Board.
- Do I have to come into a retail office to open an account or deposit funds?
- No, you don’t need to visit an office to open an account. All banking activities can be done online and over the phone.
Savings Bank Award 2018 - 2020
We are proud to have won Canstar's Bank of the Year - Savings Award for three years in a row. This award recognises the institution that provides the strongest combination of products and services for savers in New Zealand.
Save time by opening some of our savings accounts in minutes from the Heartland Mobile App.
Open new accounts
In real time without leaving the app.
Change the text size, colour theme and account names to suit you.
Get personalised messages with information, updates and promotions.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We have a great team standing by to answer any of your investment questions.Contact us