We’ve got your best interests at heart
No matter what you’re saving for, our Direct Call Account offers a competitive rate for a ‘no strings attached’ savings account.View more rates
Ready to get started?
Open an account in minutes and earn 4.60% p.a. interest on your savings.
Click below to apply onlineor
download and apply in-app
How to open an account
- Start the online application – you will need a few things handy.*
- Verify your identity through biometrics.
- Answer tax questions and choose a nominated account.
- We will either refer you to our team, or open your account!
Savings Bank Award 2018 - 2023
We are very proud to be awarded Canstar's Bank of the Year – Savings for the sixth consecutive year! This achievement is awarded to the institution that provides the strongest combination of products, accounting for the price positioning, features, savings tools and flexibility of the products assessed within Canstar’s Savings Account Star Ratings profiles, as well as supporting savers through a competitive Term Deposit offering.
- Is the 4.60 % p.a. rate correct?
- Yes, you read it right – and there are no fees or penalties either.
- Are there penalties applied to the Direct Call Account if I withdraw funds?
- There are no penalties and no fees for withdrawing funds from your Direct Call Account.
- How can I get money out of a Direct Call Account?
- When setting up your Direct Call Account you can choose to set up a nominated account – this can be another Heartland account, or an account with another bank. Your nominated account is useful when making large transfers (up to $1 million), though you can also make transfers of up to $2,000 to non-nominated accounts. Transfers take one business day to clear (Monday to Friday, not including public holidays).
- Are there monthly fees and/or transaction fees?
- There are no monthly fees or transaction fees.
- Are there any minimum contribution requirements?
- There are no minimum contribution requirements.
- What’s the minimum deposit to open a Direct Call Account?
- There is no minimum deposit required to open a Direct Call Account.
- Can I open a Direct Call Account if I don’t bank with Heartland?
- Yes, you can open a Direct Call Account without any other Heartland account.
- Can I choose a non-Heartland account as my nominated account?
- Yes, a nominated account can be an account with Heartland or another bank.
Looking for something else?
Heartland Bank savings accounts are a great way to put aside your money and save for your goals. Here are a few options:
Minimum investment $1,000.
Get an EFTPOS card for free. Variable rate.
No monthly fees. Variable rate.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We have a great team standing by to answer any of your investment questions.Contact us