We’ve got your best interests at heart
No matter what you’re saving for, our Direct Call Account offers a competitive rate for a ‘no strings attached’ savings account.View more rates
Ready to get started?
Open an account in minutes and earn 1.50% p.a. interest on your savings.
Click below to apply onlineor
download and apply in-app
Compare our rates
How to open an account
- Start the online application – you will need a few things handy.*
- Verify your identity through biometrics.
- Answer tax questions and choose a nominated account.
- We will either refer you to our team, or open your account!
- Is the 1.50 % p.a. rate correct?
- Yes, you read it right – and there are no fees or penalties either.
- Are there penalties applied to the Direct Call Account if I withdraw funds?
- There are no penalties and no fees for withdrawing funds from your Direct Call Account.
- How can I get money out of a Direct Call Account?
- When setting up your Direct Call Account you can choose to set up a nominated account – this can be another Heartland account, or an account with another bank. Your nominated account is useful when making large transfers (up to $1 million), though you can also make transfers of up to $2,000 to non-nominated accounts. Transfers take one business day to clear (Monday to Friday, not including public holidays).
- Are there monthly fees and/or transaction fees?
- There are no monthly fees or transaction fees.
- Are there any minimum contribution requirements?
- There are no minimum contribution requirements.
- What’s the minimum deposit to open a Direct Call Account?
- There is no minimum deposit required to open a Direct Call Account.
- Can I open a Direct Call Account if I don’t bank with Heartland?
- Yes, you can open a Direct Call Account without any other Heartland account.
- Can I choose a non-Heartland account as my nominated account?
- Yes, a nominated account can be an account with Heartland or another bank.
Looking for something else?
Heartland Bank savings accounts are a great way to put aside your money and save for your goals. Here are a few options:
Minimum investment $1,000.
Optional overdraft. Variable rate.
No monthly fees. Variable rate.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We have a great team standing by to answer any of your investment questions.Contact us