Notice the savings with our great rates
Our Notice Saver offers great rates with flexible access to your funds. Choose between our 32 and 90 day notice periods (to the right)(below), and simply give us that notice once you’re ready to access your funds.
How to open an account
- Choose between our 32 and 90 day notice periods and start the online application — you will need a few things handy.*
- Verify your identity through biometrics.
- Answer tax questions and choose a nominated account.
- We will either refer you to our team, or open your account!
*You'll need your NZ passport or driver licence, smartphone to verify your identity, tax details and nominated account number.
Savings Bank Award 2018 - 2022
We are very proud to be awarded Canstar's Bank of the Year – Savings for the fifth consecutive year! This achievement is awarded to the institution that provides the strongest combination of products, accounting for the price positioning, features, savings tools and flexibility of the products assessed within Canstar’s Savings Account Star Ratings profiles, as well as supporting savers through a competitive Term Deposit offering.
- How do I send funds to my Notice Saver?
- You can deposit funds directly into your account from any New Zealand bank account by entering your Notice Saver account number, or you can transfer funds from another Heartland Bank account.
- How do I set my notice period?
- When you’re ready to provide notice, simply open the ‘Make a payment’ screen in the Heartland Mobile App (or Heartland Digital) and complete the details required. It will automatically select a date 32 or 90 days in the future, depending on which rate you’ve chosen. If this falls on a weekend or a public holiday, the payment will be made on the following business day.
- Can I make partial withdrawals of my funds?
- Yes, you can choose to withdraw any amount to your nominated account, as long as you give us your chosen 32 or 90 days’ notice. There’s no limit to the number of withdrawals you can make, provided the notice period is met each time and you have the funds available.
- Are there fees attached to this account?
- No, there are no fees for Notice Saver.
- How many Notice Saver accounts can I have?
- There is no limit on the number of Notice Saver accounts you can have, but there is a limit of $5 million per customer that can be held across all Notice Saver accounts.
- Can I get my Notice Saver interest paid to another account?
- No, interest can only be credited to the Notice Saver account. Payments out of the account require 32 or 90 days’ notice and can only be made to your nominated account. If you’d like to change your nominated account, please contact our team on 0800 85 20 20.
- Can I open a Notice Saver account for my Trust or business?
- Yes, you can.
- Is Notice Saver available as a PIE account?
- No, it is not.
- Will the amount available to withdraw include my accrued interest?
- Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly. You are able to provide notice for any available funds, including interest that has been paid, but you can’t give notice for accrued interest that hasn’t yet been paid (monthly) to your account.
- Do I need to give notice to withdraw funds from my Notice Saver and put them in a Heartland Term Deposit?
- No, get in touch with our team and we will be happy to help you move your funds into a Term Deposit immediately.
Looking for something else?
Heartland Bank savings accounts are a great way to put aside your money and save for your goals. Here are a few options:
Minimum investment $1,000.
No minimum investment, fees or costs.
Get a card for free. Variable rate.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We have a great team standing by to answer any of your investment questions.Contact us