Before we can open an account for you, we need to identify who you are and where you live.
You will need to provide us with:
Certified proof of identification
Proof of address
Ways to prove your identity:
- New Zealand Drivers Licence
- New Zealand Passport
- Overseas Passport
Getting your identification certified:
If you are unable to meet with us face to face, you are required to have your identification certified before sending it through to us.
A certified copy must be witnessed by a trusted referee within the last 3 months and include:
- A statement to the effect that the documents provided are a true copy and represent the identity of the named individual such as ‘I certify that this is a true likeness of the individual’.
- Include the name of the trusted referee, their capacity to certify, signature and date of signing.
Trusted referees include:
- Justice of the Peace
- Chartered Accountant
- Registered Teacher
- Registered medical doctor
- Police employee
- Minister of Religion
- Kaumātua (verified through a reputable source)
- Notary Public
- NZ Honorary Consul
- Member of Parliament
- A person who has legal authority to take statutory declarations
- A person who is outside NZ and is authorised by law in the customer’s country to undertake declarations
Ways to prove your residential address:
- Bank statement
- Utility bill from your power, water, landline phone or internet service provider
- Insurance policy or statement
- A document issued by a NZ Government Agency
These documents need to display your full name, residential address and be dated within the last 12 months.
If you are unsure whether your documents are valid or have questions, talk to one of our specialists on 0800 85 20 20.