Refinancing with Heartland
Looking to refinance your mortgage? Heartland’s simple online application and great rates could save you money and stress.Better yet, you could get a credit of up to $1,500 if you refinance onto our floating rate and stay floating for 12 months.
Refinancing doesn’t have to be a hassle
In today’s market, the temptation of record-low interest rates may seem outweighed by the potential headache of refinancing a mortgage – we get it, and we want to help. That’s why we aim to make the process of switching to a Heartland Home Loan as easy as possible. Heartland offers:
- options to split your loan across fixed and floating rates
- options to add break costs from your current provider to your new Heartland loan
- loan top-ups for minor renovations, or to consolidate other debt
- credit of up to $1,500 if you refinance all or some of your loan onto our floating rate and stay floating for 12 months.*
- option to add revolving credit to your home loan
Choose the loan type that’s right for you, whether fixed, floating, revolving credit or a combination of all three.
1 year fixed
2 year fixed
3 year fixed
Interest rates accurate as at 25/07/21
How does it work?
You’ll apply and get a decision online
You’ll provide us your bank statements or IRD summary of earnings
We’ll send you a letter of offer and confirm your new loan structure
You’ll provide us with a copy of your current home loan statement to confirm the refinance amount
We’ll confirm your identity using biometrics and open your YouChoose account
We’ll send documents to your solicitor to sign with you, and then we’ll open your home loan!
Calculate what you could save by switching to Heartland
Keen to refinance before your fixed term is up, but not sure whether it’ll be worth the break fees from your current provider? We can incorporate your break fees into your new Heartland Home Loan so you can pay them off over time.
Input your current home loan details (and potential break fees) into the calculator below to see how much you could save.
This calculator is a general tool to estimate repayments and the total loan cost only, and is not an offer of finance by Heartland. Our calculations are based on the information you have input, including the interest rate and loan term you selected, and are calculated at the interest rate being constant for the entire loan term. The total interest difference is based on the total interest that would be charged on your current mortgage if the rate was constant for the entire remaining loan term, minus the total interest that would be charged on a Heartland mortgage if the rate was constant for the entire selected term. Changes to interest rates and/or the repayment amounts will change this. Our quoted interest rates are subject to change. Lending criteria, terms, interest rates and fees apply.
Check if you're eligible
- a NZ citizen or permanent resident, over 18 years old
- looking to refinance your home and have at least 20% equity
- currently living in the property
- able to meet the repayments over the requested loan term from your salary or wages
- able to have your income paid into a YouChoose account. We can help you open one during the application process.
- a standalone, single section house that is freehold, cross lease or on a unit title
- located in an urban centre
- owned or purchased either joint or individually (not in a trust or company)
- already built.
The home must not be:
- a monolithic or plaster clad property consented before 1 January 2006.