Take control of your cashflow with a 5-year Heartland Extend term loan. Heartland Extend gives you the flexibility to increase or decrease your monthly repayment amount to reflect your situation, offering you peace of mind at no extra cost.
Extend business loan calculator
Apply in minutes, get a decision in seconds.
How does Heartland Extend work?
Heartland Extend is a 5-year term loan with the flexibility to repay in less time if you choose. Whether you need to refinance existing debt, purchase an asset or just get a cash injection, Heartland Extend can help you take control of your finances.
We'll agree together on a starting regular repayment amount. If you ever want to pay more or less, or make a lump sum repayment, just get in touch.
- How much control will I have over my repayments?
If your application is approved, we will set a minimum repayment amount based on a 5-year term. However, you have the option to make higher repayment amounts (and so repay your loan sooner), knowing you'll have the flexibility to lower those payments down to that minimum at any time with no additional loan agreements or costs. Simply give us two working days' notice.
You can also increase your repayment amount, make additional repayments or make a full repayment at any time at no charge, again with two days' notice.
- What is the impact of choosing a loan with a longer term?
If you choose to lower your repayments for your Heartland Extend loan, it will take you longer to repay your loan. Lowering your repayments may assist your cashflow, as you won't have to pay as much as you currently do each week, fortnight or month. As your situation changes, you can also choose to make additional prepayments and pay your loan off sooner. We encourage you to do this if you can.
It's important to note that lower repayments will also impact the total amount you pay as interest accrues over the lifetime of the loan. The longer it takes for you to repay your loan, the greater the amount of interest you'll need to pay. Have a play with the slider above to see an example of this in action.
- Can I consolidate Heartland Extend with an existing loan from another bank?
- We want to make banking easier for our customers. If you have an existing business loan with another bank, you can consolidate your debts into one. We'll ask you for more details in your Heartland Extend application.
- What is the interest rate for Heartland Extend?
- Interest rates start from 12.00% p.a. and depend on a range of factors. Once you have completed the online application, one of our lending specialists will discuss interest rates and repayments with you.
Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply
Are you eligible?
If you tick the following boxes, you're good to go!
- I'm a registered business, partnership, sole trader or a simple trust.
- I'm a NZ citizen or permanent resident.
- I have valid ID and proof of my address.
- My business is located in New Zealand.
- My credit looks good – I have never been bankrupt and I haven't had any unpaid defaults in the past five years.